Aviation Archive Registration Acknowledgements
BAC 100: 2010. Join in the Celebrations of 100 Years of Aviation in the West of England. Aviation image sequence: Photograph of the Bristol Flying School at Larkhill by T L Fuller © J T Fuller. Mercury engine installation diagram, courtesy of BAC/Rolls-Royce. Selection of old postcards from the collection of Jackie Sims. Photograph of A380 over Clifton Suspension Bridge courtesy of Airbus SAS 2006. Computer generated image of A350 XWB courtesy of Airbus. Artist's impressions of main exhibition by Simon Gurr. Sir George White (Airbus).
Home
Working in Aviation
Aircraft and Engines
Other Aviation Products
Future Challenges
Other Topics
Other Topics

Submit here comments on any topics not previously covered that you feel are of relevance to the BAC 100 celebrations, including what should be the year's legacy.

Comments page 1 of 2
Anonymous comment from survey
Posted 2765 days ago
[Flight is] superbly accessible to children, nice and balanced towards the rest of the mixed audience. It may be a little light for the serious enthusiasts and experts but we get that regardless - an expert doesn't go to an exhibit to try and learn we go to appreciate and enjoy.
The interactive content is a great idea but could be a little constricting if there are a lot of people.

Overall I'd give it a good scoring. I'm not particularly patient at exhibitions but was still able to enjoy the display, and I noticed plenty of others were very much enjoying going into the detail and could have been there all night.
Anonymous comment from survey
Posted 2765 days ago
[Flight] Fantastic exhibition. This needs a permanent home in Bristol!
Anonymous comment from survey
Posted 2765 days ago
{Flight] A very worthwhile visit to a well presented and informative exhibition. Whilst it is understandable, it is a pity that here in Bristol there is not a permanent exhibition of this nature celebrating the achievements of the aircraft industry in this area. I have subsequently spoken to colleagues recommending the exhibition and suggesting that time spent visiting it would be a beneficial experience.
Anonymous comment from survey
Posted 2765 days ago
Excellent [Flight] exhibition - great to have so many original objects and information designed with the visitor in mind. I am no expert but I felt that the information was pitched about right for me.
Anonymous comment from survey
Posted 2765 days ago
I have been twice [to the Flight exhibition]. Once with my great aunt, for whom it brought back memories of the Blitz and Brabazon's launch. My dad loved the Concorde info and both times I went I was drawn to different things by the people I went with and their interests and knowledge.

I knew Bristol was/is a leader in the field of engineering, but had no idea how innovative and at the fore front of aviation development they were and are. I thought I wouldn't be particularly interested in the exhibition, because I am not typically engrossed by such topics, but the addition of historical context and various visual mediums used enabled me to gain an interest and therefore improve my knowledge. It def has broadened my mind as to what I will take time to observe in the future.
AR, BAC 100 Registration
Posted 2997 days ago
Having worked at Filton since 1978 and visited the Concorde displays in Seattle and Edinburgh, I am disappointed that our Filton site has not achieved the siting of a museum. With the takeover of Filton looming on us, would it now be the time to establish a museum site and documentation to display the past and present success of aircraft creation in Bristol, before it is too late. A dedicated building would surely be a lasting and much needed tribute to the people of Bristol who worked and those that lost their lives in the contribution to today's air travel. Please help keep a Filton site alive for our future.

Search the site
Combustion in a piston engine (Rolls-Royce plc).
Combustion in a piston engine (Rolls-Royce plc).

Find us on Facebook